Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Stocking progress and some new stash

I did some more stitching on the stocking - the center is almost done now. I want to try to finish the water part by the end of this month, then I will only have the sea bottom and backstitch left for November. I really want to finish this before Christmas.




Udało mi się wyszyć dość sporo środkowej części skarpety, chciałabym w tym miesiącu skończyć część 'wodną', żeby na przyszły zostało mi tylko dno i backstitch'e, których jest niestety przerażająco dużo.
Będę się starać skończyć ten haft przed Świętami.

My stitchy orders are arriving slowly, this is what I got from Sewandso and Cross Stitch Direct. The Buttermik jobelan is for HAED Ocean, Siesta frames and 18ct antique mono canvas are for my future needlepoint projects (now I think I should have gotten white, but I'm sure I'll find a use for this one, too), Nymo is for beads on MMM1. 2 small fabric pieces is 32ct linen in Harvest Beige and Natural - I wanted to check the colors, it's impossible to buy linen in 32 count here, till very recently it was impossible to get any high count fabric and now they are available only in online shops in very few colors and the prices are just crazy. I plan to use them for smalls, I really need to start stitching them, this will give me some quick finishes. The coaster is a longer story - in spring I bought a Cross Stitcher issue on my way to the uni and my friend saw it and asked for a Margaret Sherry cat coaster - now it's autumn and I finally got the coaster LOL There are no more excuses left so I'll have to stitch the cat :)




Doszły moje zamówienia z Sewandso i Cross Stitch Direct - jobelan 28ct jest na Ocean HAED, mono canvas 18ct i ramki Siesty na needlepoint (hmmm...jak po polsku jest neddlepoint?) a Nymo do przyszywania koralików i kryształków na MMM1. 2 małe kawałki kanwy to len 32ct - w Cross Stitch Direct można takie dostać w bardzo niskich cenach i są w sam raz na poduszeczki na szpilki i inne małe hafty. Podstawka jest na kota Margaret Sherry z magazynu Cross Stitcher - kupiłam go na wiosnę w drodze na zajęcia i moja koleżanka znalazła w środku kotki i była nimi zachwycona, więc obiecałam, że wyszyję. Mamy jesień a ja mam już podstawkę :)) Może w najbliższym czasie zamówię takie dla porównania z polskiego sklepu wysyłkowego, trochę sie obawiałam, w opisie produktu nie ma podanego producenta, ale z tego co widzę na hafciarskich blogach wynika, że wszystko jest z nimi ok.
W Cross Stitch Direct jest 30% przecena na kolorowy jobelan 28ct, gorąco polecam, ceny niższe niż na ebay, o polskich sklepach nawet nie wspominając, koszty wysyłki w okolicy 2-2.5 funta.

2 comments:

  1. Stocking is absolutely lovely, it has such a beautiful soft colors. You've quite a pile of supplies it seems. I also love receiving those parcels from stitching shops, you must be enjoying sorting them out now. Such a fun thing. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it....just think of that nice stocking you will have hanging up...and make everyone who admires it put something in it...lol

    ReplyDelete