Thursday, October 9, 2008

MMM1 - rhodes done, eyelets still waiting

My Mini Mystery Mandala is growing - I've managed to do all the rhodes stitchres and today I'll be learning how to do the eyelets. As there is over 30 of them I'll take breaks and stitch a bit on the SMS. I'm also very close now to finishing page 1 on my TT, I think it should be done after the weekend so then I'll take it home and take a pic of it.

Here's how my mandala looks now:



Today is my day off and I finally managed to put all my DMC floss in order - well, semi order ;)
I'll have to get some floss for the Ocean Mandala, I'm missing some blues. What surprised me is that there's a lot of colors of which I have over 5 skeins and there's still about 100 colors that I'm missing. I'll have to take care of that next month - for this one my stitching budget it already used up. I ordered Jobelan for the Ocean Mandala, needles (I tend to loose them incredibly fast), Nymo for MMM1 - this is a list of the stuff I really needed. On the other hand I also ordered things I didn't need at the moment and it's all because of the lovely pics of Laura J. Perin designs I found on Carolina's blog. I fell in love with the colors of these designs and when I checked out Laure's website I just knew I have to give it a try. So I got the canvas and small bar frames and I'm planning to do one of Laura's freebies soon. If it turns out well I'll order some designs from the Impressionists collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment