Saturday, November 29, 2008

Update

Today was so cloudy and rainy that I didn't take any stitchy pics - promise to take them tomorrow, I hope the weather will be better.
I worked on MMM1 yesterday but today I switched to exchanges - I realized I don't have much time left ;)
I'm having problems with MMM1 - Martina charts are meant for 28ct and I chose smaller count, it was supposed to be 32ct but it's even smaller. I didn't have problems with cross stitches and specialty stitches (though I think rhodes and eyelets would look better on bigger count) but the backstitching around the gates is supposed to be done in Thread Gatherer Silken Perle, which isn't divisible, and it doesn't look too well on such a small count. It's variagated so I can't change it for anything else and I'm thinking whether I should order same color from Th Silk'n Colors and do the backstitching in one strand. I'll take a pic tomorrow and post it here and on Chatelaine BB and see if anyone has any advice.
At least I know now to use 30ct for the Specialty Stitches Workshop LOL
As there will be no pics I'll write a tutorial explaining English stitchy abbrevations for my Polish friends :)

Dziś była tak paskudna pogoda, że nie zrobiłam żadnych zdjęć, mam nadzieję, że jutro będzie lepiej.
Wczoraj pracowałam trochę nad MMM1 a dziś przerzuciałam się na wymianki - z przerażeniem zdałam sobie sprawę, że nie zstało mi zbyt wiele czasu ;)
Mam problemy z MMM1 - schematy Martiny są przeznaczone na tkaniny 28ct a ja oczywiście wybrałam drobniejszy splot - myślałam ze kanwa, na której haftuję to 32 a po przeliczenu wyszło, że to jakieś 33-34ct. Z krzyżykami nie było problemu, ze specialty stitches również (choć uważam, że eyelets i rhodes wyszłyby lepiej na 28-30ct). Niestety backstitch'e dookoła bram są robione Thread Gatherer Silken Perle - prześliczna nić, niestety włókno się nie dzieli i na tak drobnej kanwie nie wygląda dobrze. Jest cieniowana, więc ciężko mi będzie ją zastąpić czymś innym, chyba, że zamówię Silk'n Colors tej samej firmy w tym samym odcieniu. Zrobię jutro zdjęcie i zamieszczę tutaj i na BB Chatelaine i będę zbierać opinie.
W każdym razie do warsztatów użyję już na 100% 30ct.
W ramach rekompensaty za bra zdjęć napisze krótki słowniko/tutorial wyjaśniający angielskie terminyi zabawy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment